Honey Pork Tenderloin Kabobs Recipe
These kabobs are so simple and perfect for summer. I normally love grilled peaches but I think that the ones I used for this recipe where just still not ripe enough and I really didn’t think the mustard flavor really pared well with them.
Next time I make this I will probably do the veggies and pork (because those things benefited greatly from the honey mustard glaze) on skewers by themselves and then grill the peaches on skewers all by themselves with honey drizzled on afterwards.
Ahhh. The tastes of summer!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 (pound) pork tenderloin, cut into one-inch cubes
- 3 medium unpeeled peaches, pitted and quartered
- 2 small yellow onions, each cut into two-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- wooden skewers
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Soak skewers in water for at least 15 minutes, while preparing vegetables.
- Mix honey, mustard and tarragon in a bowl; stir well and set aside. Steam sweet potatoes until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.Thread 2 sweet potato cubes, 2 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 2 onion pieces alternately onto each skewer. Brush kabobs with honey glaze mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side.
Adapted from Food on the Table