Today’s recipe is One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes.
I’ve made this recipe my entire life and it is so easy and yields the most perfect chocolate cake or cupcakes. Seriously I usually don’t ever mess with any other chocolate cake recipes because this one is that good.
Oh and did I mention that it’s eggless. Perfect for friends with egg allergies or who are vegan!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Spoon batter into prepared cupcake pan, filling approximately 2/3’s of a way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and frost with favorite frosting.
- Note: Can be made in 9×13-inch pan or two 8-inch round pans. Adjust cooking time slightly by baking for 25-30 minutes.