I am sure about now you are ready for a break from all the sweets….!?!
Like something salty….?
I will be the first to admit that I have a major sweet tooth, but as much as I like to eat my sweets I need something to balance out all that sweetness.
Usually milk or something salty.
Something like Chex Mix.
So to balance out all that holiday baking you are doing and all the pounds of butter and sugar consumed, I bring you a salty treat (that you can even box up and gift to others; others you that could use a sugar break too!).
And Loaded Baked Potato Chex Mix at that!
I am always amazed at all the different, sweet and savory, Chex Mix recipes that are out there (there are sure some creative people) and this recipe is no exception!
Whoever came up with this Loaded Baked Potato Chex Mix is genius! This salty and addictive snack that has baked potato overtones, was just the thing I needed to push me to make and eat more holiday sweets! : )
- 6 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 5 cups potato sticks
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine cereal, potato sticks, crackers and bacon bits in large microwavable bowl.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High for about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in cheese and ranch dressing mix. Pour butter and seasoning mixture over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Adapted from Chex