These easy five ingredient Homemade Oatmeal Banana Dog Biscuits are a great way to use up overripe bananas while making a delicious homemade dog treat recipe for your pup!
I recently had a rather interesting conversation with someone about dog treats. Yes, of all the things in the world we could be talking about, dog treats and these homemade Oatmeal Banana Dog Biscuits, were our topic of choice.
The other person mentioned they were going to give their dog a bone. Yes, not unusual. But they were going to give their dog a real bone, as in leftover from the night’s dinner. I stated that I didn’t think dogs should have bones because they could break off in shards and hurt the dog as they ate them.
I then proceeded to share that I chose to give my dog natural dog treats. As in homemade right in my own home with pantry staples. Their argument was that animal bones were the original dog treat and how could it get any more natural than that.
But I stand firm in my stance that homemade dog treats are the only way to go!
I am that crazy dog Momma!
Not only are these homemade Oatmeal Banana Dog Biscuits super easy to make, super affordable and seriously worthy of lots of puppy kisses, they use over ripe bananas. And if you are anything like me you always have way more over ripe bananas than you know what to do with just lying around!
If you like making these Oatmeal Banana Dog Biscuits for your pup, then you’ll have to check out these other homemade dog treat recipes:
Yellow Squash Dog Biscuits
Pizza Homemade Dog Treats
Homemade Flaxseed Dog Biscuits
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups very ripe bananas,, mashed (approximately 3 bananas)
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl stir together all ingredients except water. Slowly stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough becomes stiff enough to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough until approximately ½-inch thick. Using cookie cutters or a drinking glass, cut dough into desired shapes.
- Bake biscuits at 325 degrees F for 25-35 minutes or until hard and golden brown. Cool biscuits completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, store biscuits in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g