Looking for a delicious party appetizer or movie night snack? Try this family favorite recipe, Spicy Cajun Popcorn, and let the good times roll!
From craft night with girlfriends to family game night to a football watching party… I love any excuse to gather with friends and family, to swap stories, to bond over good food and to make lasting memories.
But as much as I love hosting gatherings and having people over, let’s face it, it can be a lot of work….. cleaning the house from top to bottom, shopping for food and drinks, and organizing the whole shebang!
That’s why I love to have not only quick ‘go-to’ dinner recipes, but quick and easy ‘back pocket’ entertaining recipes too! You know, like a brownie recipe you can whip up in a pinch, a super simple, yet seems fancy schmancy, crostini recipe or some homemade ‘gourmet’ popcorn! They are the recipes you need when, surprise! your significant other shows up with friends unexpectedly or when you have a long day and are headed to movie night at a friend’s and don’t want to show up empty handed.
That’s why I grateful gourmet popcorn has become quite popular these days. I mean, everyone loves grabbing a bucket of buttery popcorn when they head to the movies, but popcorn can easily be transformed into so many sweet ans savory flavor combinations, making it a versatile, affordable and easy to prep snack and party appetizer.
This Spicy Cajun Popcorn, lives up to it’s name and definitely has a kick, but was a complete hit at my latest soiree! It is perfect for ANY gathering and can be thrown together in a pinch, making it a fantastic recipe to get you through all those fall social events!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 20-24 cups plain popped popcorn, (from 1 cup kernels air popped or 3-4 microwave packages)
- In a small bowl stir together spices to form Cajun seasoning blend. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together melted butter and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Pour popped popcorn into a large bowl and drizzle butter and hot sauce mixture over popcorn. Toss to combine. Sprinkle 2-3 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning over the buttered popcorn and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Yahoo Food