Today I’m partnering with MARS Incorporated to bring you the recipe for these M&M’s® Easter Sundae Cookie Cups.
Mini M&M’s® Easter Sundae Cookie Cups, topped with vanilla ice cream, white chocolate sauce, Easter sprinkles and chocolate candies, are perfect for Spring.
My Mom is crazy about holidays! It’s actually even become a little inside joke in our family. We joke that we should charge holiday dinner guests admission because of all the various holiday trinkets and knickknacks that fill her house, is like visiting a mini museum. My Mom then fires back that the only thing that we are inheriting from her is the garage filled with various holiday décor, you know, since that is where she has invested all her money!
All inside jokes aside, I am happy that holidays and traditions are so important to my Mom. Her obsessive attention to detail, carefully arranging oh, about 20 decorative houses in a mini village (For every. Single. Holiday.), and fussing over a wreath, may seem silly to some, but it brings her so much happiness and well ANYONE who sees it can’t help but feel merrier and get a smile on their face!
I can honestly admit that I totally inherited my Mom’s love of the holidays. I don’t do it quite as big as she does, which makes the trips back home for various holidays even more special, but I do try and put up a festive holiday wreath and a handful cutesy nick knacks for every holiday that rolls around.
Because I love the happiness that a few special holiday decorations bring, I always look forward to digging everything out an acceptable 3-4 weeks before the special day. However, since Easter kind of snuck up on me this year, and since we are in the middle of moving, I hadn’t planed on doing much for Easter. In fact, I have been so exhausted from getting ready to move, I really didn’t even feel up to planning the Easter dinner menu when my Aunt called to ask for help.
Thank goodness though, for the fact that I had to make a run to Walmart the other day. I was just planning to run in on the way home from a meeting to grab a few basic items we were out of and couldn’t help but be sucked into the aisles of Easter décor and candy. Just wondering around those aisles, covered from top to bottom in pastel and brightly colored plastic eggs,adorable bunny and Easter chick tickets, and not mention all the special holiday candy; I couldn’t help but find myself getting into the festive spirit and throwing assorted bags of Easter candy, like Starburst® Jellybeans, THE only jellybeans I like, into my cart.
Even though all my decorations are in storage and I am trying to pack an entire house, I decided a few small Easter things were ok. While I was at Walmart I also grabbed some Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate, a DOVE® Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny, some Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates, and the new M&M’s® Easter Sundae. Not only is it fun to have a few candy bowls (or baskets) around the house for when we have guests, putting together an Easter basket for a neighbor, friend or co-worker, is a great way to show thanks or appreciation this time of year. Plus, I know Eric secretly loves that I love to put together an Easter basket for him filled with “macho” stuff like tools, concert tickets, and his favorite candies like Hubba Bubba® Bubble Tape, Skittles® egg or tube and his favorite Starburst® Original or Strawberry Jellybeans. Oh, and since the DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny is huge, simply tie a bow around it and you have an easy Easter gift that any chocolate lover will love!!
Inspired by the new M&M’s® Easter Sundae (available only at Walmart for a limited time), I decided to create a fun and unique Easter dessert to serve at this year’s Easter dinner. In addition to decorating my home for the holidays, I love coming up with festive desserts using those special holiday candies that we only enjoy once a year. And I was thoroughly please with how these mini sundae cookie cups turned out. Not only were they delicious, with creamy vanilla ice cream and a homemade white chocolate sauce, they were adorable too! Check out the recipe below and be sure and read over my tips for easily serving this ice cream treat at a dinner party!
What are your favorite Easter treats or Easter basket fillers? Please share in the comments below!
- M&M's® Easter Sundae Cookie Cups:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package M&M's® Easter Sundae
- White Chocolate Sauce:
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- For Serving:
- 1 quart Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 small container Easter Sprinkles
- 1 8-ounce package M&M's® Easter Sundae
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter. Add both sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture, a little at a time, to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. Add M&M's® Easter Sundae chocolate candies and beat a few times, until M&M's® are fully incorporated (it is okay if the M&M's® break up during mixing).
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into prepared mini muffin pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the middle. Remove muffin tin from oven and gently press the centers of the cookie cups down using a small spice or sprinkle jar.
- Let the cookies cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes before gently twisting the top and transferring the cookie cups to a cooling rack to cool completely. Alternatively, you can place the muffin tin in the freezer to help speed up the cooling process.
- Meanwhile, make the white chocolate sauce by heating the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Immediately remove cream from heat and pour the warm cream over the white chocolate chips in a small bowl. Allow chocolate and cream to sit for several minutes and then whisk vigorously until all of the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once the cookie cups have cooled completely, working quickly, use an ice cream scoop to scoop ice cream onto the top of each cookie cup. Immediately top ice cream with the white chocolate sauce, sprinkles and 1-2 M&M's® Easter Sundae. Serve immediately or place in a food storage container or on a serving platter and freezer to serve later.
Cooking Tip: Pre-scoop ice cream and place scoops of ice cream in a standard size muffin tin in the freezer to quickly assumable ice cream sundaes at a dinner party.
Gearing up for Easter? Check out this great resource for Easter basket inspiration, creative recipes and information on where you can find all the products needed to make the perfect Easter basket for anyone in your life!
Disclosure: This M&M’s® Easter Sundae Cookie Cups recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. AD #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias