Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. AD #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
Fall is here and it’s all about the pumpkin! These Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie Popsicles are smooth and creamy and perfect for those warmer fall days!
Whelp. I guess now that Labor Day has come and gone, summer is unofficially finally over. And while I have been seeing fall this and pumpkin that in my blog and social media feeds for several weeks now, I have been in denial about fall.
It’s not that I don’t like fall, in fact I LOVE it, but this year I didn’t feel like I got enough summer. I didn’t get enough lazy days buy the pool reading the latest best seller, I didn’t get enough Sunday barbecues with friends and family and I certainly don’t feel like I got enough summertime produce to hold me over until next year.
It is especially hard to get in the mood for fall, when “fall” in Texas is still so warm; with temps in the 90’s well into the end of October. In fact, some years, even in November and December we can reach highs in the upper 80’s; and instead of picking pumpkins or our Christmas tree in flannel and boots, we are typically still wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops! Needless to say falls in Texas are unique and not quite the picture perfect storybook fall image with crisp, cool weather and trees dotted with colorful leaves!
BUT, a few days ago I got this insane craving for, not summer watermelon or peaches, but apples! Despite trying to ignore all the fall things the past few weeks, I couldn’t shake my craving for an apple. So, while running a quick errand to Walmart, I ran over to the grocery department to grab some apples and a few other groceries. While running back to grab some cold brew coffee and coffee creamer, I spotted a refrigerated bin filled with all the seasonal International Delight® coffee creamers (like International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer, White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Hazelnut and Salted Caramel). It was like the bin was calling my name to draw me in to get some Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer! I guess even though my mind and heart were in denial that summer was quickly fading, my taste buds were finally ready for those delicious fall flavors- apple, caramel and PUMPKIN!
Like I said, since fall in Texas is still so warm, sometimes it is hard to get in the mood for fall baking and turning on the oven is, quite frankly, unbearable. Yet, I still want to enjoy all the fall things especially the flavors of fall! Because of this, frozen treats with fall flavors, like vanilla bean ice cream with salted caramel sauce, chocolate hazelnut iced coffees and pumpkin pie milkshakes are popular fall treats around here.
I love waking up in the morning and immediately start planning my day with a cup of coffee spiked with richly flavored coffee creamer; and lately it has been cold brew coffee to help beat this crazy Texas heat and humidity. But I also like adding flavored coffee creamers to recipes to help add an extra pop of flavor. Since it is still WAY too hot to start fall baking, and since I all of a sudden got those fall cravings, I knew I wanted a special pumpkin treat. These Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie Popsicles were the answer to my pumpkin dessert dilemma. The popsicles are obviously no bake and they are cool and refreshing, yet packed with pumpkin pie flavor!
So let’s kick back and enjoy an chocolate hazelnut iced coffee and some Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie Popsicles and let’s hope that cool fall weather is on it’s way!
What is your favorite fall flavor? Please share in the comments below!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup International Delight® Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate almond bark
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Combine pumpkin puree, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, coffee creamer and pumpkin pie spice in a large blender. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender, if needed.
- Pour popsicle puree into popsicle molds and insert popsicle stick. Place filled popsicle molds in frezzer and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Once popsicles are frozen solid, place dark chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl or coffee mug. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to chocolate chips and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again and repeat heating and stirring process until chocolate chips are completely melted. Repeat this process with the remaining white chocolate and coconut oil.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Hold popsicle mold under warm water to help loosen the mold and remove the popsicle. Working quickly, dip the top half of the popscile into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle the chocolate with the crushed graham crackers. Serve immediately or return popsicles to the freezer to enjoy later.
You can find all the new seasonal flavors of International Delight® coffee creamer in the refrigerated bins at your local Walmart. And if you are looking for more cool fall treats packed with pumpkin pie spice, like my Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie Popsicles, visit click here for additional recipes or visit International Delight® online. And check out this tasty recipe video below for a Pumpkin Pie Spice Frappe!