This healthy Artichoke and White Bean Dip, served with chips or fresh vegetables, is the perfect afternoon snack or appetizer recipe for a dinner party!
Ok y’all! Where are all my fellow Game of Thrones fans?!?! If you are like us, then you have been anxiously awaiting season seven for well over a year! I don’t know when or how we, and a handful of close friends, became super fans of GOT, but since the second season we have been watching religiously every single week. In fact, it’s become quite the tradition to get together to watch and snack on delicious eats, like this Artichoke and White Bean Dip, and one we look forward to each week of the season.
Usually we rotate houses each week and have a huge set up of snacks and appetizers and of course special drinks. In addition to getting together weekly to watch each episode, we spend hours geeking out over what happened in each episode and what we think will happen next!
Unfortunately, due to this season’s late start, we couldn’t meet this past Sunday to watch it (so no spoilers, please!!) and I’m afraid with ours and our friends’ end of summer vacations, we will only get to have a couple of Game of Thrones watch parties this year.
Since our spread of party food is almost as important as each new GOT episode, I like to play around with the appetizers I serve/bring to each watch party. This Artichoke and White Bean Dip is not only healthy, it is super easy to make as you just dump everything in a blender or food processor.
The flavor and texture is a great change from traditional homemade hummus, and yet is equally delicious served with tortilla chips, pita bread or fresh vegetables. This Artichoke and White Bean Dip also makes for a great vegan sandwich or wrap spread or can even be thinned with a little olive oil or water to create a creamy dairy free salad dressing!
I’m super excited to get together with my friends this week to catch up on this season’s episode (and finally be in the know) and snack on some delicious eats!
Helpful Tips and Information:
Cleaning Hack: To clean the blender, fill blender pitcher 1/3 to 1/2 full with hot tap water. Add 1-2 drops liquid dish detergent. Put lid on blender pitcher and blend on high for 30-60 seconds. Remove lid from blender pitcher and rinse pitcher and lid thoroughly with hot water. Dry blender and pitcher with a clean kitchen towel and store for later use.
Money Saving Tip: Rosemary plants thrive well in all weather conditions! Consider buying a small rosemary plant for your patio or window seal and snip rosemary as needed for cooking, instead of buying overpriced fresh rosemary from the produce department.
If you like this Artichoke and White Bean Dip, then you’ll love these other dip recipes:
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Layered Greek Dip
Hot 7 Layer Dip
Bacon Cheddar Apple Dip
Hot and Cheesy Caramelized Corn Dip
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, or water
- 1 (14-ounce) can plain artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processer. Blend for 3-4 minutes, or until smooth and creamy like hummus. Add additional milk or water, if needed, to help mixture blend.
- Transfer dip to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve as desired with tortilla chips, pita bread or fresh vegetables.
Recipe adapted from The Blender Girl: 100 Gluten-Free, Vegan Recipes