Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #SendingMyLove #CollectiveBias
Show your special loved one s’more love with this edible Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet! It’s a cute and fun DIY Valentine’s Day Gift Idea and would go great with a sweet (or funny!) Valentine’s Day card!
If you have been following Kitchen Concoctions for any amount of time, then you know I LOVE holidays. Whether it’s Halloween, Thanksgiving or 4th of July; I get excited to pull out all the festive decorations, make special holiday treats and do our special traditions. Valentine’s Day is no exception, and that is why I can’t wait to share this fun Valentine’s Day gift idea, a Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet, with you today!
So, I know a lot of people don’t like Valentine’s Day for one reason or another; but I’ve always loved this little holiday. Because in this busy and hectic time we live in, I think it is great that we have a holiday to remind us to stop and tell those we love, our significant other, our children, our friends, etc. that we love and appreciate them.
Typically we don’t go over the top for Valentine’s Day; maybe a nice dinner at home distraction free, a small gift (a fun and delicious treat, flowers or something like crazy socks) and a card. In addition to getting Valentine’s Day cards or gifts for my husband, I’ve always loved dropping Valentine’s Day cards in the mail to my siblings and nieces and nephews. Even though I tell all of them I love them and appreciate them on a regular basis, I think making a little extra effort by sending a Valentine’s card to let them know what they mean to me and that I am thinking about them is priceless!
That’s why I love going to Walmart this time of year! I will spend hours on the greeting card aisle looking at all the romantic, cute and sometimes down right hilarious Valentine’s Day cards! I will carefully pick out the perfect American Greetings cards at Walmart for each of my family members; but usually spend a little extra time picking out “just the right card” for my husband.
You see, I am always torn as to whether or not to get a sentimental card that says exactly how much I love and appreciate him, or get something funny, like the burrito card below, because we both have a sense of humor and, well, love Tex-Mex. 😊
In addition to finding the perfect Valentine’s Day American Greetings cards at Walmart, I can get cute stickers for my nieces and nephews, gift wrap and fun coupons (like a romantic dinner or a night at the movies on me) to tuck into Valentine’s Day gift baskets or cards. These are great because if you are like me, sometimes I intend to get a small gift or gift card to go with the Valentine’s Day card, but forget or run out of time. But with stickers and the cute pre-made coupons, I can gift something my husband wants without worrying about it!
This Valentine’s Day I wanted to gift my husband a super thoughtful gift, so I came up with this Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet.
So, in addition to the cute burrito American Greetings cards at Walmart, I plan to surprise my husband with a Tex-Mex dinner and this fun Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet on February 14th! I can’t think of a better way to spend Valentine’s Day!
Below are the instructions on how to make your own Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet. Since I got all the supplies, including the s’mores ingredients, tissue paper, paper shreds and American Greetings cards at Walmart, this is a cute and affordable Valentine’s Day gift idea perfect for a spouse, kids or even a neighbor or your child’s teacher!
- 6 graham crackers, broken in half
- 6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 4-6 ounces white chocolate or white chocolate candy melts
- 4-6 ounces dark chocolate or chocolate candy melts
- 2 teaspoons coconut or canola oil
- 3-4 tablespoons Valentine’s sprinkles
- 6 treat sticks
- Valentine’s gift box or metal bucket
- American Greetings Tissue Paper
- Styrofoam disk
- Double sided tape or glue
- American Greetings Paper Shreds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line graham cracker halves on baking sheet. Spread ½ - 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread on 6 of the crackers.
- Spread ½ - 1 tablespoon marshmallow cream on remaining 6 of the crackers. Press 1 treat stick into marshmallow cream on each graham cracker, rolling the stick to get it completely covered in marshmallow cream.
- Place the cracker with the chocolate hazelnut spread, chocolate side down on top of the marshmallow cream and treat stick to form the s’more. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, or alternatively, place the s’mores in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- After the s’mores have chilled, place white chocolate and 1 teaspoon oil in a microwave safe mug or bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again and repeat heating and stirring process until chocolate is smooth and melted. Once chocolate is smooth and fully melted, dip a s’mores pop into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to help cover the s’more with the melted chocolate. S’mores can be dipped half way or all the way, allowing chocolate to completely cover the s’more. Place s’more on the baking sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat dipping process with two other s’mores.
- Once half of the s’mores have been dipped in white chocolate, melt the dark chocolate, as directed above, and repeat dipping process with remaining three s’mores. Set chocolate dipped s’mores aside to harden.
- Meanwhile, take one sheet of American Greetings Tissue Paper and place the Styrofoam disk in the center of the tissue paper. Adhere the Styrofoam disk to the tissue paper using double sided tape or glue. Place tissue paper “wrapped” Styrofoam disk in the decorative bucket, attaching the tissue paper with double sided tape or glue, so that both the tissue paper and Styrofoam disk is secure in the box.
- Fluff the tissue paper around the sides of the box and top the Styrofoam disk with the American Greetings Paper Shreds. Once the chocolate dipped s’mores have hardened. Carefully insert the s’mores pops into the Styrofoam disk, pushing the treat stick through the shredded paper.