Disclosure: This Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe contains affiliate tracking links since we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
These amazing soft baked Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies are currently our favorite cookie recipe! Not only are they a family favorite, they are eggless and can be made gluten free as well, so everyone can enjoy them!
Grab the recipe for these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies below!
These Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies have become a favorite over the years and one my family asks for on a regular basis! They are soft and gooey, exactly the way we like our chocolate chip cookies!
These perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe achieves that soft and gooey texture due to the magic of the cream cheese in the recipe. They also happen to be eggless. AND… you can make these cookies gluten free, if needed; which is great if you need a dessert recipe that accommodates several different dietary restrictions!
Helpful Tips and Information:
Adjusting the recipe – Since there are no eggs in these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies you can easily half or double the recipe. In fact, while I am including the full ingredient measurements below, I usually only make a half batch of these cookies (which is about 1.5 dozen cookies) – the perfect amount for a small family!
To make gluten free – I’ve successfully made these cookies gluten free by using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. Replacing the 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour with 2 ¼ cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
If you like these Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies, then you’ll love these other Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie and Nutella S’mores
Frosting Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Toffee Cookies
Copycat Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tate’s Bake Shop Double Chocolate Almond Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and melted butter until smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beating until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a sperate bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt and unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, a little at a time, to the butter mixture mixing just until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop and roll the dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand, just barely pressing (you don't need to flatten the ball of dough all the way).
- Bake the cookies in the preheated 325 degree oven for 12-14 minutes, or just until the edges are just barely golden brown and the centers are still light in color. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy immediately or store in an air tight container on the counter for up to one week.*
*Cookies are excellent reheated in the microwave for 10-12 seconds.
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe