Disclosure: This recipe for Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes is sponsored by Randalls. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Because of sponsors like Randalls I am able to continue to bring you all the content I feature here.
Take your summer dessert recipe to the next level with these easy and elegant Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes!
Grab the recipe for Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes below or pin it for later!
Like many of you, it’s pretty dang hot in my neck of the woods. And by hot, I mean record breaking triple digits. And by record breaking, I mean temperatures hovering right around 113 degrees this past week!
Yeah, I know, I live in Texas and should be used to this, having lived through many hot and dreadful summers in the past, but(!) that’s WAY too hot!! So, instead of complaining, or at least not complaining too much, I’m going to make the best of the situation and try to stay as cool as possible.
Like, be incredibly grateful that I can blast the AC in my car while singing songs about cold weather (a.k.a a holiday song about winter wonderlands); and dream of colder days. Or, calling every swim school in my town to see if they teach newborns just so that I can be required to go to the pool a few times a week.
And I’ve totally taken the challenge of “what can we cook for dinner without turning on the oven or having to go outside and grill” to heart; and can say I’ve mastered no cook cooking. In fact, we don’t even live off of cold cereal and sandwiches anymore and enjoy a whole slew of slow cooker meals and entrée salads.
However, by far my favorite way to beat the heat and stay positive during these blistering summer days is by enjoying my favorite frozen desserts! And this year has totally been the summer of ice cream!
I’ve stocked up on ice cream to make root beer floats, to serve on top of some of my favorite desserts, like these Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes and my favorite peach cobbler and, yes, I’ll confess, to eat straight from the pint!
But when ice cream is made with quality, globally sourced ingredients, like those found in the new Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Cream found at Randalls, sneaking spoonfuls of ice cream right from the carton feels indulgent, yet worth it to help beat the heat!
Not only is the new Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Cream made from the highest quality ingredients, it has unique and indulgent flavors, such as Colombian Cold Brew Caramel, Caramel Apple Chai, Belgian Chocolate Almond and Bourbon Maple Blondie. These ice creams are intense and decadent on their own, but I decided to take them up a notch by making an ultimate ice cream sundae, right in the container! I mean if you are going to have to deal with record breaking heat, why not enjoy it with a little ice cream sundae and a cherry strawberry on top!
Inspired by the premium ingredients found in the Signature Reserve™ Ice Cream; I took one of my other favorite summer desserts, strawberry shortcake, to the next level and made Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes. Roasting the strawberries creates a natural and indulgent strawberry sauce for ice cream sundaes. Add some cubed homemade vanilla bean pound cake, the Signature Reserve™ Madagascar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and some homemade whipped cream and you have an easy, yet elegant summer dessert recipe!
I’ve now made this ice cream sundae recipe a few times and served it as a traditional ice cream sundae, in a bowl or on a plate carefully stacking each ingredient on top of each other and serving it to dinner guests to enjoy. BUT, my favorite way to make this, is by piling all the shortcake toppings right into the pint of ice cream and handing my husband a spoon so that we can enjoy this ice cream treat together for a date night dessert!
We may have many more long and hot summer days ahead of us, but at least we can enjoy plenty of cool summer desserts!
- Roasted Strawberries:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes:
- 2 pints Signature Reserve™ Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 1 loaf homemade or store-bought pound cake
- Roasted strawberries
- Homemade whipped cream
- To make roasted strawberries: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.* Set aside.
- Slice the stems off the strawberries. Cut the small strawberries in half and quarter the large strawberries. Place the strawberries in a bowl and toss with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread strawberries and juices on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until strawberries are soft and the juices are thick and bubbly. Scrape strawberries and juices in to a glass jar and allow to cool completely before assembling ice cream sundaes.
- To make whipped cream: In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks are formed.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
- To assemble Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes: Place one to two slices of pound cake in a bowl. Top with a scoop of Signature Reserve™ Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice cream. Spoon strawberries and sauce over ice cream. Top ice cream with homemade whipped cream and a fresh strawberry.
- Alternatively, cube pound cake and place directly in the pint of Signature Reserve™ Madagascar Vanilla Bean ice cream. Top with several spoonfuls of roasted strawberries and sauce. Top with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry. Serve immediately.
*Note: You can also toss the strawberries, sugar and vanilla in an 8x8-inch glass baking dish or pie plate and bake directly in the dish.
How do you beat the summer time heat? Please share in the comments below! If you are like me and like to treat yourself to ice cream during the warm summer months, then you have to check out the new Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Cream! I picked up my Signature Reserve™ products and the ingredients to make these Roasted Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sundaes at my Austin area Randalls, but you can find them at all of the Albertsons Companies family stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market and Carrs/Safeway. Visit randalls.com to find a store near you and to discover more delicious recipe ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies . The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.