Looking for the perfect football party food or appetizer recipe? Look no further than this game day favorite, Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread!
Grab this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread recipe below or PIN IT for later!
I would say chicken wings, Buffalo Chicken Wings to be exact, are one of the most popular foods for game day. I mean, some of the blog posts on this blog with the most traffic are buffalo chicken recipes and you can find all kinds of buffalo chicken inspired recipes all over the web. Not only that, every time we go out to our favorite chicken wing restaurant it is packed and there is always a long, unbearable wait.
Not only are buffalo chicken wings a fan favorite, it is one of our favorite foods too! So naturally, we eat a lot of chicken wings and buffalo chicken inspired recipes are my go to for football parties and other get togethers.
But, what is not always a win with fans is blue cheese! I’ve always known that most people have very strong opinions about blue cheese, usually you LOVE it (ME!!!) or you HATE it. Well, after I shared my last Buffalo chicken recipe a few months ago, these Buffalo Blue Cheese Veggie Burger with Crispy Fried Onions, I heard loud and clear from so many blue cheese haters. I mean, y’all didn’t shy away at all from your distaste for this stinky cheese.
But, like I said, I LOVE blue cheese and think that spicy Buffalo chicken and robust blue cheese goes so well together. AND since WE love this classic flavor combo and football food, I’m sharing another Buffalo Chicken recipe today, this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread!
I’ve been making this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed French Bread for YEARS and it is my go to party appetizer for football parties and tailgates. Even with all the blue cheese haters in the world, this stuffed French bread pizza recipe is ALWAYS gobbled up and the first to go at every party I bring it to! So… um… yeah… I’m gunna take that as a sign that all you blue cheese haters really don’t know what you are talking about and deep down love blue cheese! 😉
Helpful Tips and Information:
Buffalo chicken bread ingredients:
- French bread
- Shredded chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken will work)
- Buffalo sauce (obviously!)
- Blue cheese dressing (or ranch dressing, if you must)
- Salt and pepper
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Green onions
How to make French bread pizza:
- Cut one loaf of French bread in half lengthwise.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and place halved French bread cut side up on baking sheets.
- Fill French bread with desired fillings and top fillings with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.
- Slice and serve.
More French bread pizza recipes:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil and place halved French bread cut side up on baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing, salt and black pepper.
Spread buffalo chicken mixture evenly on top of both pieces of French bread. Top stuffed French bread evenly with Monterrey Jack cheese. Bake in preheated 375-degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and top with blue cheese crumbles. Return to oven and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with green onions and with additional blue cheese dressing or buffalo sauce for dipping