This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #TexasPete #SauceLikeYouMeanIt
Add a pop of flavor to your summertime grilling routine with this recipe for Grilled Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken Wings!
The temperatures are heating up and I couldn’t be more excited! I love everything that summer brings, from lazy days lounging by the pool and long three-day weekends, to firing up the grill and enjoying all our favorite summer foods.
Since we love this time of year so much, we have been enjoying a lot of time outdoors. Our back patio is truly an extension of our home and we love to sit out there and read books, tend to our garden, cook out on the grill and dine al fresco as we watch the sun set over the horizon – all while hoping to feel a cool summer breeze.
With the weather being absolutely perfect right now, we’ve been obsessively grilling the last few weeks and I can’t get enough of it! I love grilling because it not only gathers our family together in the backyard to make, what I hope is life long memories, but also because the meals we prepare on our grill tend to be easier to throw together and make.
From grilled summer veggies and even grilled fruit, to the summer classics like burgers and hot dogs – firing up the grill is not only fun and brings us together as a family, I love the smoky flavor that the grill adds to our favorite foods.
One of our favorite things to throw on the grill is chicken wings. In my opinion, grilling chicken wings is not only easier than deep frying or baking the chicken wings, the grill adds that special smoky flavor and “crunch” that can’t be achieved in any other cooking method.
I also love grilling chicken wings because it is so easy to change up the flavor of the grilled wings. You can keep them classic hot wings by using Texas Pete® Buffalo Wing Sauce or make them barbecue wings by using Texas Pete® Traditional BBQ Sauce. Or you can get a little fancy and take things up a notch by making Grilled Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken Wings featuring Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce.
In addition to those flavors mentioned above, Texas Pete® comes in a variety of other flavors, including Texas Pete® Green Pepper Sauce, Texas Pete® Sautéed Garlic Flavor Hot Sauce and Texas Pete® Hotter Hot Sauce, which are all available at most grocery stores.
Specifically, the Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce is a staple in my kitchen because we love to add it to everything from scrambled eggs, to tacos, and even add it to our favorite take out foods to spice things up.
But the main reason Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce is a favorite pantry staple is because it is the secret ingredient, that adds just the right pop of flavor, for so many of my favorite recipes. From my Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs, to this easy Grilled Lemon Lime Chicken and today’s recipe for Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken Wings!
If you are looking for a delicious grilled chicken recipe that screams summer, look no further than these Grilled Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken Wings! These grilled chicken wings are smoky and have a special “crunch” only achievable by the grill and that peach glaze is the perfect balance of sweet bold flavors with a touch of heat!
Are you ready for summer? What are your favorite things to cook on the grill? Please share in the comments below!
Helpful Tips and Information:
What to serve with Grilled Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken Wings?
These Peach Glazed Chicken Wings would be great served with grilled vegetables or homemade French fries. I also like to pair these grilled chicken wings with a light summer salad, like this Blueberry Peach Quinoa Salad or this Spinach Berry Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing.
How long to grill chicken wings?
Grilling times for chicken wings will vary slightly depending on how big your chicken wings are and how hot the grill is. With that said, in general, wings will need to grill for a total of 7-9 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Quick grilling tips:
- Always thoroughly oil your grill grates before adding your food. To oil your grill grates, simply pour 4-5 tablespoons of a high temperature cooking oil (corn, canola, peanut) into a small bowl. Using tongs, dip a bunched-up paper towel into the cooking oil. Using caution, carefully wipe the oil coated paper towel over grill grates.
- Always make sure the grill thermometer reaches at least 400 degrees Fahrenheit before adding your food. If the grill is too hot when you add your meat, the outside of the meat will burn before the inside is cooked through.
- 2 pounds chicken wings, separated at joint, tips discarded
- 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup peach preserves
- ¼ - 1/3 cup Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce*
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (375°F to 400°F) and lightly oil grill grate.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Season chicken wings liberally on all sides with the garlic powder mixture. Set
- In a small bowl whisk together the peach preserves, Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce, soy sauce and Dijon mustard. Set half of the sauce aside for serving.
- Once the grill is hot, place the wings on the grill and cook for 4-5minutes per side, closing grill in between flipping the wings.
- Brush glaze over the top side of each wing and grill another 2-3 minutes. Flip wings and brush the other side of the wings with the glaze. Grill another 2-3 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Take the wings off the grill. Brush with reserved sauce and serve immediately
with additional reserved sauce, if desired.
*If you like mild heat, use ¼ cup Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce. For spicier flavor, use 1/3 cup.
Stock up on Texas Pete® sauces and seasonings at your local grocery store (click here to use the Texas Pete® Locator), to add that perfect amount of balanced, bold flavor and heat to your favorite recipes! For more delicious recipes, visit Texas Pete® online and follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!