This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser, MARS Wrigley Confectionery. All opinions are mine alone. #NeverStopSummering #NSS2021 #MMS #Skittles
Celebrate all the fun of summer with a fun twist on a classic summer treat! These Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies are soft and tender and scream summer!
Scroll down for my recipe for Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies or PIN IT for later!
Summer is here and I couldn’t be more excited! I LOVE summer and after what was a particularly hard winter season, I am looking forward to the warmer months and all that comes with it!
We take full advantage of the long summer days and spend plenty of time in our backyard grilling and swimming. We also love to go on picnics, take day trips on the weekend, go camping and stay up late watching a movie at the local drive in.
In addition to all that summer fun, I love summer foods! From all that farm fresh summer produce, to anything and everything cooked on the grill, to ice cream and creamy iced coffee… I sure do love summer!
If you have been reading Kitchen Concoctions for any amount of time, then you know that in addition to ice cream and a good cup of cold brew, I LOVE s’mores! To me they are the ultimate summer treat and take me back to my childhood spent going to summer camp and staying up past my bedtime. S’mores also remind me of hosting lots of backyard barbecues with friends over the years and staying up way too late talking, laughing and loving life! 😊
While nothing beats a classic s’more prepared over an open fire, my Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies, featuring Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix are a fun twist on a classic summertime treat that can be enjoyed anywhere summer takes you – the beach, on a road trip, or simply relaxing in the backyard!
These Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies are soft and packed with those classic s’more flavors – graham crackers, marshmallows and milk chocolate – then have the delicious twist with the addition of creamy peanut butter and Peanut M&M’S® chocolates, which are sure to bring smiles all summer long!
If you love summer as much as we do, then you will want to make sure and buy Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix and SKITTLES® America Mix for all your summer festivities!
Not only will Peanut M&M’S® chocolates and SKITTLES® candies complement your favorite summertime activities such as backyard BBQ’s, outdoor movie nights and pool days, you can visit NeverStopSummering.com for rules and free method of entry. Ends August 31st. Enter a code to collect summer badges for a chance to win prizes (No purchase required to win).
Helpful Tips and Information:
CAN Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies BE FROZEN?
Yes, these s’more cookies can be frozen as is after baking or you can freeze the cookie dough and bake later.
How to freeze cookie dough:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet, leaving about ½-inch space in between each ball of dough.
Place cookie sheet in freezer and freeze until solid, about 4-6 hours.
Once balls of cookie dough are frozen solid, transfer to a freezer safe baggie and freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place frozen balls of cookie dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and set in the middle. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to freeze baked cookies:
Place baked Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies in a freezer safe baggie or plastic food storage container and freeze for about 3 months. Thaw cookies at room temperature for 1-2 hours or by microwaving for 30-45 seconds.
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla; mixing until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and ½ cup Peanut M&M’S® Red White & Blue Mix.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Once dough has been portioned out onto the baking sheet, use your thumb to make an indention in the dough. Place two mini marshmallows in the indention and form dough into a ball around the marshmallows, so no marshmallows are showing. Return the ball of dough to the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining balls of dough. Press 2-3 remaining Peanut M&M’S® chocolate candies into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 7 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and quickly press 2-3 of the remaining marshmallows into the top of each cookie Return cookies to oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cookies are just set and starting to turn a golden-brown color on the bottom.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack or plate to cool completely. Note: Cookies will be soft, so use caution when carefully transferring them to a plate.