This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For a fun and equally delicious twist on the classic Oreo Truffles, try these Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles – a no bake dessert recipe!
Scroll down for the recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles or PIN IT for later!
It’s hard to believe that summer is quickly coming to an end and school will be back in session in just a few short weeks.
And while we are trying to embrace the seasons as they come and go, we can’t ignore the elephant in the room – that shortly after the school year begins, so does the holiday shenanigans.
Yes, I’m talking pumpkins, cranberry sauce and Christmas time tinsel!
Speaking of the holidays, if you are looking to beat the lingering summer heat and are dreaming of a winter wonderland, like us, then you might be thinking ahead to what sweet treats you’ll be baking up this fall and holiday season.
No? Just us?
Well, WE can’t stop dreaming about the holiday baking season and this Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffle recipe! This no bake dessert recipe was a HUGE hit last Christmas when we dished them up as part of our holiday cookie tray and will certainly be making a comeback this year!
What are Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles?
Well, they are simply a twist on another super popular holiday treat, Oreo Truffles. In case you didn’t know, Oreo Cookie Truffles are made from crushed Oreos and cream cheese that are shaped into balls and dipped in melted chocolate, creating an irresistible homemade chocolate candy.
This chocolate chip cookie version is a fun and delightful twist on the classic cookie truffle and a must not only for a holiday cookie tray or cookie swap, but when you want a decadent dessert and it’s too hot to bake!
Helpful Tips and Information:
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:
This recipe for chocolate chip truffles uses crushed chocolate chip cookies. However, if you wanted to make cookie dough truffles, use the recipe for edible cookie dough from my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough S’mores recipe. Simply form the cookie dough into balls and then dip into the melted chocolate.
How to store cookie truffles:
Since cookie truffles are made with cream cheese, they should be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Can Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles be frozen?
Yes, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply prepare recipe as directed and freeze chocolate coated truffles in a freezer safe food storage container. When ready to eat, take desired truffles out of the freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator.
Working with melted chocolate:
If your chocolate starts to harden, simply add some additional chocolate chips and coconut oil and reheat for 30 seconds until melted.
If you like these Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles, then you will love these other homemade candy recipes:
Gingerbread Truffles – These white chocolate gingerbread cookie truffles are a tasty homemade holiday candy!
Peppermint Cookie Truffles – Chocolate peppermint cookie truffles dipped in white chocolate and topped with crushed peppermint candies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bark – Homemade chocolate bark using both semi-sweet and white chocolate that is then topped with homemade mini chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 dozen crispy homemade chocolate chip cookies*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 ounces chocolate almond bark or chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Place chocolate chip cookies in food processor. Pulse until finely crushed and you have 3½ cups total cookie crumbs. Remove ¼ cup crushed cookies and set aside. Add cream cheese and pulse until well-blended.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough and shape into approximately 1-inch balls, rolling between palms of hands to shape. Place
cookie truffles on prepared baking sheet. Place shaped cookie truffles in freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and return to microwave, heating for an additional 30 seconds. Repeat melting and stirring
process until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stick a toothpick into one of the chilled cookie truffles and then dip the truffle into the melted chocolate until the truffle is completely covered with chocolate. Transfer
chocolate dipped cookie truffle to a new baking sheet lined with wax paper. Remove
toothpick and working quickly, before chocolate starts to set up, sprinkle the
top of each cookie ball with a pinch of the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate prepared chocolate chip cookie truffles at least one hour or until firm, before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
*1 (18.2 ounce) package store bought crunchy chocolate chip cookies can be used.