This recipe for Blackberry Arugula Salad contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Savor the lingering flavors of summer with this fresh, seasonal salad recipe! This Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad with Blackberry Jam Vinaigrette is a great side dish for backyard barbecues or a quick lunch!
Scroll down for the recipe for Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad with Blackberry Jam Vinaigrette or PIN IT for later!
September has always felt like such an odd time of year. For some, summer heat waves will linger long after the calendar officially welcomes autumn, while others are already enjoying those blissful cool fall days.
As for fresh produce, most summer gardens and farm stands are still producing and dishing out those favorite summer flavors – peaches, corn, zucchini, watermelon and blackberries. Yet, everyone is telling you to eat and drink pumpkin spice this or caramel apple that.
Today, before we dive into all things fall, we celebrate a favorite late summer/early fall ingredient – fresh blackberries – with this Blackberry Arugula Salad with Blackberry Jam Vinaigrette!
This salad is so simple, yet it is PACKED with so many wonderful flavors and textures! And the Blackberry Jam Dressing is slightly sweet, slightly tart and oh so delicious!
Helpful Tips and Information:
Blackberry Salad Ingredients and Substitutions:
Baby Arugula – The tangy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette and creamy goat cheese goes so well with the peppery arugula. However, spinach, a spinach and arugula blend or a mixed lettuce blend will also work in this recipe.
Blackberries – Fresh blackberries are star of this salad!!
Goat Cheese – Pieces of creamy goat cheese are such a simple yet complimentary addition to this salad. However, crumbled feta or even robust blue cheese would also work well.
Candied Almonds – This salad recipe calls for simple homemade candied almonds – which is just so perfect for this salad! These are not only simple to make but can be made up to two weeks in advance. However, you could replace them with plan sliced almonds.
Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette – Only have a few tablespoons of blackberry jam left in the jar? Add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients right into the jar and shake to combine! This dressing is such a unique twist to a classic vinaigrette and adds an extra punch of blackberry flavor!
Can this Blackberry Arugula Salad be made ahead of time?
The balsamic dressing and candied almonds can both be made at least two weeks in advance. However, as for the salad, we recommend tossing it together right before serving, as the salad greens can become “soggy” when sitting in the dressing for an extended period of time.
What to serve with this Blackberry Goat Cheese Salad?
IF YOU LIKE THIS Blackberry Salad, THEN YOU WILL LOVE THESE OTHER Summer SALAD RECIPES:
Blueberry Peach Quinoa Salad – This hearty vegetarian salad recipe, Blueberry Peach Quinoa Salad, celebrates the fresh flavors of summer and is a great lunch or dinner idea!
Spinach Berry Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing – This Spinach Berry Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing is a festive and delicious dinner side dish recipe, perfect to celebrate the fresh flavors of summer!
Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette – A fresh salad packed with all the flavors of summer and topped off with a robust homemade roasted red bell pepper vinaigrette!
- Candied Almonds:
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons blackberry jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- Blackberry Arugula Salad:
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula or arugula/spinach blend
- 1 (6-ounce) package blackberries, washed and dried
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese, sliced into small pieces
- 1 batch candied almonds
- 1 batch blackberry balsamic vinaigrette
- To make candied almonds: In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sugar together, stirring constantly. Once butter and sugar are melted together, stir in sliced almonds.
- Continue stirring and cooking almonds until almonds turn golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- To make Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette: In a small Mason jar combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, blackberry jam, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper. Place lid on jar and shake until well combined. Set aside.
- To make Blackberry Arugula Salad: In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, blackberries, goat cheese, candied almonds and Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
*PLEASE SEE THE "HELPFUL TIPS AND INFORMATION" SECTION ABOVE FOR ADDITIONAL RECIPE NOTES.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.