…me too! So while I was off living in the land of the dark ages with no computer, a dear reader of mine gave my blog an award. I was so excited when I saw my little blog was awarded the Sunshine Award, for bringing sunshine to this world of blogging. How sweet! Leslie over at La Cocina de Leslie was the one who awarded it to me. So thanks Leslie for the honor I am so happy that I bring sunshiny goodness to your day.
This blog award is perfect because I was already planning on sharing with you some of my favorite food blogs and a recipe from them (like I did with the Hungry Housewife review) but now I can give some of my favorite blogs an award and shine a little spotlight on them.
As part of the award you are supposed to credit the person who awarded you the award (check) and then award 12 other blogs the “Sunshine Award” and tell why you chose them. So here goes:
1. Stacy over at My Favorite Recipes is a dear friend of mine and has been supporting my love of cooking and food for many years. She encouraged me and helped years ago when I was in high school and took on the daunting task of putting together a cookbook to sell to help girls go to summer camp and even now she was one of the very first readers of Kitchen Concoctions. Many of her recipes I have been fortunate enough to taste first hand over the years and am so glad that now I have even more of her great recipes to add to my collection.
2. Speaking of friends I feel like Leah, over at Dinner Made Easy, and I are long lost friends and we don’t even know it! We have so many things in common: we love cooking for our boyfriends, friends and family. We both love the Food Network and Rachael Ray. Leah even shared her Top 100 List recently, of 100 things she has wanted to learn how to bake/cook. I TOO have a Top 100 List of things relating to the food/cooking/baking world that I want to eat, learn how to make, and even cooking appliances/gadgets that I hope to own one day! I have been working on my own list for a few years and maybe I should post it on here so that I can keep better track of it!
3. Another Sunshiny blog that I have to award is Lisa Knows Tea. I am kind of partial to this interesting blog because THE Lisa of Lisa Knows Tea is my dear Aunt Lisa. Lisa is a “Certified Tea Specialist,” speaker and author. Her blog like her books feature interesting facts and history about tea and even include recipes. I am not a big tea drinker but because I am a lover of all things food I love learning about all types of food and beverages and how different beverages can complement food.
4. Another favorite blog and one deserving of this award is the Taste and Tell blog. Deborah also features a cookbook of the month and this year is featuring cookbooks with cuisine from around the world. Deborah is also a big fan of Rachael Ray and now has a feature called Saturdays with Rachael Ray where she shares a tried and true Rachael Ray recipe and allows readers to share their Rachael Ray recipes by linking their blogs on Taste and Tell. Deborah’s photos are great and she blogs new recipes pretty much 6 days a week!
5. The Girl Who Ate Everything is another fun blog. Christy lets her personality shine through her stories and recipes. I have tried several of Christy’s recipes (I hope to share them soon) and they do not disappoint!
6. If you are looking for a blog where you can feel right at home head over to The Sisters’ Café. The Sisters’ Café is 5 sisters sharing their tired and true family recipes. This is a warm and inviting blog that makes you feel like you are part of the family. (and for my little PSA the pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup are to die for!)
7. Risa of Baked Perfection also has a great fun loving blog. However due to Risa’s crazy work schedule she only has time to blog a few times a month. : ( I wish we could get more Baked Perfections from Risa but I guess we will just have to take what we can get!
8. Right before I had to take a forced hiatus with my computer issues I started featuring blogs I love and a recipe from them. The first one I chose was The Hungry Housewife for her great pics, cute and talented (I am so jealous) cake decorating skills and fun sense of humor (not to mention AMAZING Sheppard’s Pie) and now not only can she say her blog was featured on Kitchen Concoctions ; ) she can say she received an award too!
11. Gina over at Gina’s Weight Watchers Recipes is keepin’ yummy classics and some of her own creations light, healthy, and tasty… which means you can enjoy the pool, park, and ‘sunshine’ this summer and not worry! : )
- Put the logo on your blog or within your post. Pass the award on to as many as 12 bloggers.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
- Link to the nominees within your post.