Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PureLife40pk #CollectiveBias
This Spring Photo Scavenger Hunt is a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful spring weather! It’s a fun date night idea or family spring break activity!
There are so many things I LOVE about living in Texas (I mean have you seen Texas Bluebonnets!) Spring has always been a favorite time of year, and as the years have gone by, I have grown to love spring time here in Texas even more. Not only is the weather right now absolutely dreamy, this time of year is always filled with so much fun, from impromptu road trips, to outdoor concerts and fun festivals.
In addition to soaking up as much sun and fun as possible right now, I’ve been trying to make a better effort to document not only these special occasions in life, but the random moments as well.
Sure, as a food and travel blogger, I can all too often get sucked into only taking photos of mouthwatering plates of food or interesting pieces of street art to share on social media. But there have been so many times that I have wished I had more photos of us and the adventures life has taken us on.
I want to capture and remember ALL those fun carefree moments, even the simple ones as we take our evening walks or attend a concert for the 100th time.
As I’ve been working hard to take photos of things other than food, specifically photos of us, I’ve been trying to think of fun ways to document our life and the world around us. That’s why when the weather started to get warmer and the gorgeous Texas wildflowers started to pop up, I thought that a spring photo scavenger hunt would be the perfect way to get the ball rolling on this personal goal of mine.
Scavenger hunts were always one of my favorite things to do with friends when I was a kid, but back then we always did the standard scavenger hunts where we went around to collect items. With technology and social media, now you can add the photo element to the scavenger hunt for added fun and to remember the event for years to come; which like I said, is a current goal of mine.
So, I put my idea of a spring photo scavenger hunt into action and came up with a list of outdoor, spring inspired locations/items (like wildflowers, outdoor murals and other scenes from around town) that would not only be fun to track down but great for photo ops.
But I didn’t stop there! Since this type of scavenger hunt takes a bit of time, I then planned an entire day around the scavenger hunt, including lunch and other activities, which all made for a memorable, adventure filled date day!
In addition to creating a Spring Photo Scavenger Hunt printable (that you can download for free!), I got ready for our day of fun by running to Sam’s Club to pick up a 40 pack of Nestlé® Pure Life® Water as well as some food items to pack a picnic lunch for us to take and eat while enjoying the outdoors. Not only did packing a sack lunch make this a practically free date night activity, having a cooler filled with ice cold bottled water on hand is crucial to staying hydrated in the warmer Texas weather.
This Spring Photo Scavenger Hunt was great for date night, but would also be a fun spring break activity for families or a group of friends (maybe even a group date night?!?) too! Check out my scavenger hunt tips below, print out the free Spring Photo Scavenger Hunt printable and grab your friends and loved ones and head outdoors!
Scavenger Hunt Tips:
• Wear matching outfits or wear custom team t-shirts for fun photos and to keep track of your team members.
• Create a custom hashtag for your scavenger hunt and post pictures using the hashtag on social media.
• This scavenger hunt can be done as a couple, as an entire group or groups can be divided into teams for an extra challenge.
• Bring cash and coins to pay for street parking, if needed.
• Bring a car or portable phone charger and/or back up camera battery.
• Plan for the scavenger hunt to take several hours or more depending on how long you spend at each spot.
• Pack a cooler full of Nestlé Pure Life Water to stay hydrated while out and about. Packing a sack lunch or snacks (like trail mix, bananas, carrot sticks, granola bars, etc.) is also a good idea to keep fueled and energized while running around.
• Do a little research beforehand to see if there is one place in your city you can park your car and then walk, bike or Pedi-cab to the scavenger hunt spots.
• Be respectful of each location and other people around you.
• Scavenger hunt can just be about the fun and making memories while exploring each spot or feel free to turn the hunt into a game by assigning each item points (ie: regular items 2 points each and 5 points for bonus items) and awarding prizes for the team with the most points, making it a race to see which team gets a set number of items in a set amount of time or simply seeing if you can get photos of all items.
• Take your time and have fun exploring, playing and visiting each spot! A photo scavenger hunt like this is more about the fun and memories each stop has to offer.
Since we are always on the go, especially this time of year as we head out on road trips, camping trips and plan other outdoor activities, I like to keep our fridge stocked with bottled water, as well as pack coolers of water to take on the open road. That’s why I like stocking up on 40 packs of Nestlé Pure Life Water at Sam’s Club (Available in select Sam’s Club stores, ask your Club Manager about getting Nestlé Pure Life Water in your store if it’s unavailable.) Not only is this convenient, since I shop at Sam’s Club several times a month, but this is great value since these water packs have 5 more bottles for the same price as the 35 pack! Click here for more information and follow Nestlé Pure Life Water on Facebook and Instagram.