Disclosure: This Avocado Banana Hair Mask recipe contains partner tracking links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and other affiliate advertising programs designed for us to earn referral fees/commission by linking to affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The all natural ingredients found in this DIY beauty treatment, Avocado Banana Hair Mask, help to moisturize your hair and scalp, add shine and repair damage, all while strengthening hair and leaving it clean.
Scroll down for the Avocado Banana Hair Mask recipe or PIN IT for Later!
If you have dry, brittle hair from sun, heat or chlorine damage then look no further that this Avocado Banana Hair Mask recipe!
Today’s recipe is for a homemade beauty treatment is this Avocado Banana Hair Mask. It may look good but sound gross at the same time, but the all natural ingredients in this hair mask recipe will do wonders for your hair.
With that, I slathered this homemade hair mask on my hair, spent some time alone (because no one is very attractive in a shower cap) and let these super foods do their thang!
What I noticed was that after all was said and done my hair was soft and smooth, full of bounce and body and actually felt clean after using this recipe for an all natural Avocado Banana Hair Mask!
Helpful Tips and Information:
Washing out the hair mask:
Use cool or lukewarm water- Per the recipe directions, use cool water to rinse out the hair mask and then lukewarm water to shampoo your hair. Since this hair mask has raw egg, DO NOT use hot water to rinse and wash your hair because it could potentially cause the egg to scramble in your hair.
Shampooing your hair- You may need to wash your twice to remove all of the hair mask.
Ingredients in a homemade Avocado Banana Hair Mask:
- Avocado – known for its ability to moisturize hair, add shine and body.
- Bananas – repair damage and soothe hair.
- Eggs – add essential protein to strengthen hair.
- Olive oil – conditions and shines.
- Apple cider vinegar – strips residue, leaving hair light and clean.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine water and vinegar in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and set aside.
- Combine avocado, banana, egg, and oil in blender or food processor. Puree until no clumps are present.
- Massage prepared mask into scalp and comb through hair with fingers or a wide-toothed comb. Cover hair with shower cap and leave in for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse hair with COOL water and wash normally with regular shampoo in lukewarm water. (You may need to wash hair twice to remove all of the hair mask.)
- After shampooing rinse hair thoroughly and then pour vinegar/water mixture over hair. Let vinegar sit on hair for 1-2 minutes then rinse and condition as normal.
Note: Makes 1-2 hair masks depending on how long and thick your hair is.
Recipe dapted from Avocados from Mexico
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g