Fall is officially here! Celebrate it’s arrival by creating DIY Caramel Apple Gift Baskets, filled with apples, caramel sauce and popular caramel apple toppings like nuts and SNICKERS® candy bars, to gift friends and family.
Scroll down for the tutorial for DIY Caramel Apple Gift Baskets or PIN IT for later!
We have a long running joke in our house…. that I better make sure I eat every few hours because if I don’t I get “hangry”! Yes, I am confessing this here for all to see…
Recently when checking out at Walmart, I saw a display of SNICKERS® candy bars, and was instantly reminded of the hilarious SNICKERS® commercials and tag line: “You’re not you when you’re hungry!” Since, like I said, this really is the story of my life; cranky one moment and then as soon as I take a bite of food, back to my to my normal carefree, angelic self (Smile!), I was reminded I should eat a small snack (ASAP!!).
One of my favorite fall treats is caramel apples. Since I know I must not be the only one that gets a little grumpy when they are “hangry,” I was inspired by my favorite fall treat and those SNICKERS® bars (you know the candy bar everyone loves because of the gooey caramel, creamy nougat, crunchy peanuts and rich milk chocolate), to create custom DIY Caramel Apple Kits to gift to my friends and family this fall.
- Gift Basket Supplies:
- Basket or metal bucket
- Straw, shredded paper or tissue paper
- Gift tags
- Small jars, cellophane gift bags or plastic food storage containers
- Fabric or cellophane, optional
- Caramel Apple Supplies:
- Caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Assorted toppings:
- SNICKERS® candy bars
- Chopped nuts
- Fill bucket or basket with straw, shredded paper or tissue paper. Set aside.
- Divide caramel and toppings evenly between glass or plastic containers. Seal containers.
- Arrange apples, SNICKERS® candy bars and jars of caramel sauce and toppings in prepared basket.
- Tie a decorative ribbon and gift tag around the bucket or handle of the bucket. Can gift as is, or wrap basket in cellophane or fabric and tie off with the ribbon.
- Individual kits: For a twist, make single serve caramel apple kits. Place caramel sauce in jar. Place jar in cellophane bag. Place apple on top and add SNICKERS® candy bars around sides of apples and jar of caramel sauce. Use ribbon to tie off bag and add gift tag.