Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FeedDogsPurina #CollectiveBias
If your dog is like mine, then he gets excited for dinner time! Top help keep things clean, I created a DIY Custom Dog Placemat just for my pup! Check out the step-by-step tutorial below!
I’m so grateful my Mom has always been a huge animal lover. She grew up with a wide variety of pets, from cats and dogs, to hamsters and even a few horses! Growing up she taught my siblings and I to love animals to and while we never had the collection of pets she had, animals have always been a part of our home.
Ever since I was a little girl we have had dogs (and a few fish!) as part of our family and I couldn’t image life any other day. Today, in my own home, we have both cats and dogs, and while I know just as parents shouldn’t pick a favorite child, as at pet owner I shouldn’t pick a favorite pet but, occasionally I may tend to be more of a dog person.
Mojo, our rescue mutt, and I have a special bond. He is constantly by my side and whenever I walk into a room, he comes running up to me so that I can pet him and maybe sneak him a treat.
Since Mo is an important part of our family, we take Mojo with us whenever we can, to visit family, to the dog park, to local dog friendly events and restaurants. And since I mostly work from home, Mo and I spend our days going on walks, since I am constantly trying to get in as many steps as I can and I know Mo hates being bottled up in the house.
Mo gets very excited every time I walk out with my tennis shoes in hand or he hears the jingle of his leash. To be honest, I think that only part of his excitement is about the walk, with him being equally excited about getting back home from our morning and evening walks to be fed.
There is no doubt about it that I inherited my Mom’s love of animals and that I love my pup! That’s why I want to do everything in my power to take care of Mojo. In addition to our daily walks and regular vet visits, I feed him dog food that will help him live a long and happy life.
Mojo has always been a Purina® pup, as we have been feeding Mo highly digestible and protein packed Purina® Dog Chow® Healthy Weight for years, that I stock up on when I make my regular shopping trips to Target.
Not only can I conveniently and affordably buy Mo’s food at Target, I am happy to know that this high-quality dog food is produced right here in the USA and that it is made by dog lovers just like me.
Because of Mo’s excitement over his breakfast and dinner each day, sometimes he makes a little bit of a mess. I finally decided to make him his very own dog placement. Not only is my DIY Custom Dog Placemat water resistant and will help keep the floor clean, it is stylish too!
If you are like me and trying to keep your dog’s feeding area clean, then you have to make your own customizable no sew dog placemat! Check out the step-by-step tutorial below!
DIY Custom Dog Placemat:
by Heather H. of Kitchen Concoctions: www.kitchen-concoctions.com
Foam board or cardboard|
Scissors or crafting knife
Contact paper, in two different colors
Large letter stickers, in contrasting color
Dog paw print stencil
1. Cut foam board to approximately 20-inches by 15-inches. Note: Depending on the size of your water and food bowls, you may need a bigger foam board. You will want a board that has approximately 3 to 4 inches around the sides when the two food bowls are set side to side on top of the board.
2. Peel back the backing of the contact paper to expose the sticky side of the contact paper. Press foam board into the center of the contact paper, leaving 1-2 inches of contact paper on both sides and approximately 3-inches on the bottom and enough contact paper to cover the entire board at the top.
3. Fold the contact paper around the edges and bottom of the foam board into the center of the board to cover the edges (like wrapping a present).
4. Fold the long piece of contact paper over the board to cover the entire back of the board. Note: You may need to trim the contact paper some to get it to cover the back of the board securely.
5. Trace paw print stencil onto back of contrasting colored contact paper and cut out. Adhere paw print to the front bottom of the placemat.
6. Use alphabet stickers to spell out your pet’s name or woof on the bottom of the placemat.
Stock up on all your dog care needs, including all Purina® Dog Chow® Healthy Weight at your local Target. Don’t forget to take advantage of all the current Target Cartwheel offers and save 20% off Dog Chow® dry dog food (all sizes) from 3/5 – 3/11, 20% off Beyond® dry dog food (all sizes) from 3/12 – 3/18 and 20% off Purina One® dry dog food (all sizes) from 3/19 – 3/25. For more fun ideas on how to care for your pup, follow Purina® on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!