A good sandwich is not only great for lunch, but for a quick and easy dinner too! This Spicy Southwestern Turkey Panini recipe, paired with some potato chips, pickles or some fresh fruit, is a hearty and satisfying lunch or dinner!
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ large Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 slices Colby Jack Cheese
- 8 slices Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with cilantro and lime juice. Stir in diced tomato. Season to taste with salt.
- Preheat panini maker according to manufacturer instructions. Spread a thin layer of spicy mustard on one side of each slice of bread.
Place one slice of bread, mustard side facing down, on a work surface and top bread with remaining ingredients in the following order: one slice Colby Jack Cheese, two slices Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, half of mashed avocado spread, two more slices Blackened Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, and finally one more slice of Colby Jack Cheese. Top sandwich with another slice of bread with mustard side facing up. Repeat with remaining ingredients for second sandwich.
- Place prepared sandwiches, mustard side facing down, on hot panini maker. Close panini maker and cook until hot, cheese is melted, and bread is toasty. Remove from panini maker and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Boar's Head