This light and refreshing Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Maple Vinaigrette is super festive and a favorite fall salad perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
Over the summer I shared a recipe for a Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette. I rambled on and on that this salad was our “house salad”, yes, a “house salad” like in a restaurant. We love that fresh summery salad and make it all summer long, thus becoming our go to “house salad”.
Today I’m sharing our official fall house salad. I have been making some variation of this Pear and Pomegranate Salad for YEARS (making a different variation in a cooking class I taught many years ago), and honestly I’m surprised I haven’t shared this salad recipe before now! Below is my favorite version of this salad and we love this salad so much that I make it every. single. time. we need or want a side salad for dinner all fall and winter long; well for as long as I can get my hands on some fresh pears and pomegranates.
This salad is so simple that is perfect for weeknight dinners, yet so stunning, gorgeous and festive that it will, of course, make an appearance at our Thanksgiving dinner table as well as numerous other holiday dinner parties and Christmas.
Well now that I have shared both of the Kitchen Concoctions’ summer and fall official “house salads” I guess I had better share our winter and spring house salads, packed with fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, soon as well!
Do you have your own “house salad”? If so, what are your go to house salad ingredients? Please share in the comments below!
- Pear and Pomegranate Salad:
- 7-8 cups baby spinach or arugula leaves
- 1 Bartlett or Anjou pear cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Red pear cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese feta or blue cheese
- For Maple Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and black pepper
- For Pear and Pomegranate Salad: In a large bowl toss together spinach leaves, sliced pears and 3-4 tablespoons Maple Vinaigrette. Serve salad topped with pomegranate arils, pepitas and cheese. Serve immediately.
- For Maple Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and black pepper, whisking until well combined.
Salad is equally delicious served with store bought balsamic, red wine vinaigrette or creamy poppy seed dressing.
If you like this Pear and Pomegranate Salad, then you’ll love these other fall salad recipes: