2018 was a busy and exciting year and today I’m taking a look back at the top 18 blog posts of 2018!
2018 was a busy and exciting year for our family, this blog and me personally. Mostly this came from welcoming our much anticipated and deeply loved little babe earlier this year. Thus, most of 2018 has revolved around getting ready for our little one’s arrival and adjusting to our new beautiful life.
Fortunately, I’ve been able to cut back some on work to be able to spend some time at home with our sweet babe. But, as evident of only sharing 45 blog posts this year (the least amount in all my years of blogging), it has taken me a little bit longer to get into regular routine; and honestly, I’m totally ok with this. In fact, even though I blogged less this year, I think that the quality of content was top notch, especially since I finally shared some of our most favorite recipes that we make all the time.
I am looking forward to the new year and the structure that comes with the post-holiday season. I am also looking forward to sharing lots of new recipes, crafts and more adventures in 2019, so stay tuned! In the meantime, I’m taking my annual look back at some favorite blog posts from this year, my favorite and yours!
And since I’m in this major planning and organizing phase right now, is there any particular content or recipes you would like to see more of next year? Please share in the comments below!
Top 18 Blog Posts of 2018:
10. Pecan Praline Cookies – These Pecan Praline Cookies took a little time to perfect, but they were one of my favorite concoctions of 2018 and I am glad they were one of your favorites too!
9. Cheesy Beer and Bacon Sloppy Joe Sliders –I am not surprised at. all. that these Cheesy Beer and Bacon Sloppy Joe Sliders (that I made last year) made it AGAIN into the top ten list for this year! They received so many great reviews from all of you that made them and were loved by my friends and family!
8. Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter Sauce –I shared this simple, yet flavorful salmon recipe way back in 2015. Personally, it is one of my favorite salmon recipes and even though it is an older recipe on Kitchen Concoctions, I’m glad you all are still loving it too!
7. Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes and Loaded Baked Potato Bar – This slow cooker baked potato recipe and my loaded baked potato bar is my go to dinner party “hack”. Guests love it!
6. Sour Cream Cornbread – This Sour Cream Cornbread recipe went viral on Pinterest and has received so many positive comments from readers! Personally, it continues to be a favorite no fail cornbread recipe perfect for soup or chili!
5. Avocado Banana Hair Mask – I shared this DIY beauty treatment, way back in 2012. 2012!!! Over the years it has gotten a lot of traction, as DIY beauty treatments are becoming more and more popular. I love the way that this hair mask makes my hair feel, but unfortunately I don’t do it enough. That’s why self care is a top goal in 2019!
4. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Shake – This protein shake recipe has been one of my top recipes for YEARS! And for a good reason too, it tastes SO good. Not only do readers make it all the time, personally I make this shake about twice a week!
3. 10 Road Trip Games and Activities for Couples (in the top 10 THREE years in a row!) –As evident by the travel section here on Kitchen Concoctions, we LOVE to hit the road! This special travel blog post was a fun one to write and obviously one that you all love too!
2. White Chocolate Mocha (in the top 10 FIVE years in a row!) –Do you know how I know we could all be friends in real life? It’s because some of my top recipes and blog posts are all about coffee, quite possibly my favorite drink! This White Chocolate Mocha recipe (using real white chocolate) has been a reader and personal favorite for years! I even dabbled in recipe videos last year and this was my first video to create! Check it out!
1. Monte Cristo Pinwheels (in the top 10 THREE years in a row!) –Y’all these Monte Cristo Pinwheels are INSANELY easy and are a favorite appetizer of not only all you readers, but all my real-life friends and family too!
MY favorite blog posts of 2018:
I shared a lot of our favorite go to recipes this year, but my favorite blog post of 2018 was where I made that egg-citing announcement thay a new addition was “hatching soon”! 😊 Below are some of my absolute favorite recipes that we make all the time that didn’t make the top 10 list above.
1.Oven Baked Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce – Second to this Everything Salmon, this Oven Baked Salmon with Lemon Caper Sauce is my favorite way to make salmon. Baking the salmon in a cold oven ensures the salmon comes out perfect every. single. time. and that lemon caper sauce is simply heaven.
2. Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe– This Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe is a family favorite and a winter time staple!
3. Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies– These chocolate chip cookies have been our favorite and go to chocolate chip cookie recipe for quite some time. Due to the cream cheese they are actually an eggless chocolate chip cookie and can be made gluten free too!
4. Cheddar and Apple Stuffed Chicken with Apple Cider Gravy – We LOVE this chicken dinner (seriously, I can’t count how often I’ve made it)! It is a must, several times a month, every fall!
5. Christmas Tree Veggie Pizza– I had this idea for this Christmas themed raw veggie pizza and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! Go ahead, pin it for next year!
6. Chocolate Covered S’mores Bouquet– This was another idea that I am giddy came out exactly as I had imagined! Such a fun and cute gift idea!
7. Homemade Baby Food Recipe: Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Soup – I’ve always had a passion for getting kids in the kitchen and loving real food and I am so excited to be finally sharing this passion with my own child.
8. Sausage, Apple and Kale Salad – This salad is so easy and is perfect for fall and winter!
I love the start of a new year and for many reasons and I am so looking forward 2019! I hope each of you have had a wonderful year and are looking forward to the new possibilities that a fresh new year can bring. Cheers to a tasty and happy 2019!