Looking for a simple, crowd pleasing Thanksgiving dessert? Make this family favorite, Easy Apple Crumble recipe, an updated twist on Apple Dump Cake!
I’ve made this Easy Apple Crumble more times than I can count and it is always a hit with everyone asking for the recipe. So I’m finally sharing it for all the world to see. Grab the recipe below, but be sure to read today’s posts for exciting life updates!
Y’all, how the HECK is it November 9th!?! No, I’m not even kidding. I mean I know time goes by fast, and I know I say things like this all.the.time., but really this year has gone by in the blink of an eye.
And I feel like every time I sit down to write a blog post, like since early summer, I’m apologizing for being MIA and not blogging as much. I then share the latest trial and tribulation that has had me preoccupied, or I’m bursting with happiness because my quietness is from a much needed vacation or job opportunity.
Even though I’ve only been a less than part time blogger the past few months, I have so many recipes and tutorials that I want to share the next few weeks. I’ve also taken some new and improved photos of some favorite, old recipes that I want to update and re-share because they are totally amazing and you NEED them in your life!
Today’s new apple dessert recipe is a version of my famous Easy Peach Cobbler (that I will share one of these days). My Easy Peach Cobbler recipe is basically a kicked up version of Peach Dump Cake, that I’m sure you all have in your recipe repertoire. Since I think “dump cake” sounds so, um, how do I put this, unattractive, and since I do add a little of this and a little of that to make mine the best ever, I call it cobbler.
Or, if we are talking about today’s recipe, Easy Apple Crumble instead of Apple Dump Cake. This Easy Apple Crumble is flawless. Not only is it effortless to whip up, it is packed with fresh apple flavors, warm fall spices and is a delightful Thanksgiving dessert that can feed a crowd!
Tips and Helpful Information:
Serving Suggestion: This Easy Apple Crumble is delicious on it’s own, but is even better served with homemade Three Ingredient Vanilla Ice Cream, Homemade Cinnamon Honey Whipped Cream, and/or a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce.
Cooking Tip: Due to the high natural oil content in nuts, freeze nuts in freezer safe zip top baggies for up to two years.
If you like this Easy Apple Crumble recipe, then you’ll love these other apple dessert recipes:
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 large McIntosh or Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (15.25) package spice cake mix*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons cold butter, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional for serving:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Homemade whipped cream
- Homemade or store-bought caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour canned apple pie filling into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. And peeled and sliced apples and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle cake mix mixture evenly over apples in baking dish (do not stir the cake mix in). Top cake mix with walnuts. Top walnuts with the slices of butter.
- Bake apple crumble at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly and then serve as desired topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or Homemade or store-bought caramel sauce.
*use the dry cake mix – DON’T mix it according to the box instructions.
Change It Up: To make this apple crumble more of an apple crisp, sometimes I’ll add 1 cup rolled oats to the cake mix and spice mixture.