Before we dive into the new year, today I’m taking a look back at all the top blog posts of 2016! Check out the Top 16 of 2016, plus some of my personal favorites! Did your favorite make the list?
Whelp! Another year has come and gone! I am so thankful and feel so blessed for all the things 2016 has brought! Sure, there have been trials and challenges (life wouldn’t be what it is without overcoming challenges), but mostly there has been a lot of fun, a TON of laughter, new adventures and memories made, and of course, lots of delicious eats!
As I sit back and reflect on my personal and professional life in 2016 and plan new goals and adventures in the year ahead, I like to take a look back at all the content I shared here on Kitchen Concoctions. This helps me as I plan new content and new features for the blog in the new year and inspires me to keep moving ahead with this little place of mine.
Honestly, I was kind of surprised by this year’s top blog posts. Over half of them were non-recipe posts and consisted craft tutorials, travels, date night ideas and Austin area fun and good eats. This is exciting as I love bringing you a variety of content and am happy to see that you all love a variety of content too!
BUT, don’t worry all you foodies, this will always be a food blog, so I still plan to bring you lots of delicious recipes in the next year!
Below are the top 16 blog posts I shared in 2016. Below that you will find some of my personal favorite recipes from this past year as well as some “Oldie but Goodie” recipes that continue to be some of the top posts year after year!
Did your favorite Kitchen Concoctions’ recipe make this list? Please share your favorites and what you would like to see more of in 2017 in the comments below!
Top 16 Kitchen Concoctions Blog Posts of 2016:
A few of my favorite posts from 2016 (that didn’t make the list above!):
1. Peppermint Chocolate Truffle Cookies
2. Bean and Chorizo Chilaquiles
3. Pear and Pomegranate Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
4. Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette
5. Tres Leches Bread Pudding
6. Key Lime Pie Rice Krispie Treats
7. Spiced Fig Preserve Cake
8. Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
9. Vegetarian Red Pozole with Black Beans and Summer Squash
10. Cajun Red Beans and Rice Burgers
11. Flourless Chocolate Cake with Orange Whipped Cream and Candied Orange Peel
12. Lemon Ricotta Oatmeal with Blueberries and Almonds
Top 5 “Oldie But Goodie” Recipes of 2016:
1. White Chocolate Mocha (top recipe 3 years in a row!)
2. Orange Creamsicle Protein Shake (top recipe 3 years in a row!)
3. Avocado Banana Hair Mask (top recipe 5 years in a row!)
4. Crock-Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili (top recipe 4 years in a row!)
5. Spicy Southwestern Turkey